Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gal 2 is July complete!

Well, July was definitely easy. Both the chicken and the potatoes took about 5 minutes, if that, to prep, and then you just let them cook.

 I made some changes to the spices in the chicken recipe. Instead of basil I used thyme. I just thought basil on chicken with beer was an odd combination. As you can see from the photo I used a lime beer. I thought you could taste a little lime, but I was the only one. So it must have just been in my head!
 My spice blend.
I also sliced a little onion and celery and threw that in the crockpot for flavor. I can't tell if it did anything or not. I used fresh chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) and cooked them on high for 3 hours and then they were probably on low for another hour. Mr. #2 thought the chicken was really good and really moist... I thought it was just alright. But if he liked it, I will be making it again because it was EASY!
~
Somehow I took zero pictures of the potatoes. I swear I made them. Surprisingly we didn't like them. I think maybe it was the "artificialness" of using a packet containing who really knows what... but they were just odd tasting and on the dry side. And I didn't even use the whole seasoning packet (maybe half or less) or cook them the full 45 minutes. Mr. #2 said he thought they tasted "funny" and "sweet". I'd much rather use kosher salt and fresh herbs!! And doing it that way isn't any harder. The cheese at the end however was a good idea! Will do that again.  
~
The cookies also were another easy thing to make. Just threw together the ingredients, then I used my cookie scoop and every 10 minutes another dozen cookies came out of the oven! No chilling needed. Mr. #2 said he couldn't tell any difference in the taste of the cookies (compared to a normal one) and he liked them. He also really likes soft cookies. I could tell a slight difference in taste and a big difference in texture! I am missing my crispy edges!! :-) But these would be great to freeze and un-thaw or to ship to someone.
I ended up with about 3 dozen cookies! They went to book club and the neighbors besides all the ones we ate ourselves. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment