Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In LOVE with Easy!

Ladies, you know I love to make things easy and try and keep things healthy. Last year, I was given hints that my choices of food were somewhat--well--not always well received. I chose lots of foods the family#3 would try but Mr.'s 1 & 2 would prefer never made it to the plate! So I am trying to compromise and come up with a plan that will both satisfy and mysteriously trim the calories off of our Mr.'s plates! 

So for my first month- the month of love I have decided to choose 2 recipes that include some of my favorite LOVES of the kitchen. The crock pot and dessert. My crock pot (must I admit I have 2?!) is my secret chef. I can throw ingredients in that little circular delight and come home to eat- which is the most important thing. So I give you our first recipe..


Ok now here is some advice- don't be scared Mrs. #2! Everyone loves tacos and if there is something in here that might make Mr. #2 make a PB&J sandwich- think outside the box and make it work. I found nothing scary and am quite excited I can have a taco from my crock pot. I am going to make jasmine or brown rice to accompany this dish for some added fiber and taste. Hope you enjoy!


And now for dessert...

Hello YUMTASTIC! I will be changing one small thing- which is an optional healthier bonus for you. Instead of preparing the brownie mix as directed, I put a can of pumpkin in the batter instead and by-pass the oil and fat. There is NO taste difference and you can throw away the can to hide evidence. The rest of the recipe is very unhealthy- but I'm trying to satisfy both palates! 

Fall in love with your crock pot and cuddle up with dessert!
Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I was scared. But with some minor modifications I think we can do this! :) Dessert ... wow. My neighbors are going to love me!

    ReplyDelete