Monday, October 31, 2011

Apple Dumplings

It is common knowledge that Mr. #1 is not a sweets fan.  He would rather eat meat, potatoes and bread than a sugary dessert.  There is one dessert, however, that I have heard him say he really likes - apple dumplings.  His mother apparently makes wonderful dumplings - and I want to see if I can make some that measure up.

At first glance, this may seem like a daunting recipe.  There are lots of components - and quite a few ingredients. However, the different parts of the recipe can be made in stages - even days ahead - and the ingredients are common place and easily purchased this time of year.  Another bonus of the Apple Dumpling Recipe is that it can be halved...or make the whole recipe for a wonderful company dish.  I plan to buy some really good vanilla ice cream to go on top!  The recipe document will be in your email tomorrow morning. Happy baking girls!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I love apple recipes!! Might be doing this one for Thanksgiving since no one here is a huge pumpkin dessert fan!

    ReplyDelete